While I am at work, David has taken over the care of Gabe. He works third shift and gets off work at 7 am just in time for me to leave the house around 8. David gets some sleep throughout the day & then usually goes to bed when I get home. We are all getting used to things, & I am very proud of David for stepping up and taking care of Gabe. It's actually quite impressive to think that a 26 year old man who has never spent much time with a baby is now taking care of a 6 week old for up to 9 1/2 hours a day. He is very good with Gabe & the two of them seem to have good days together.
Since going back to work, I have attempted to get Gabe on a bedtime schedule. After trying to grab a quick dinner & picking up a little, we hangout & typically play in his room. This amounts to him laying on the floor while I talk to him & show him his toys/books. He gets a bath promptly at 8pm, gets lotioned up before putting on his pjs, nurses & then lays down in his crib with his pacifier. He typically goes to sleep within 15 mins & has been sleeping for longer periods of time before waking up to eat. Sometimes he wakes up three times a night, but it has mostly only been two. It has been nice to get a few more hours sleep at a time. He also sleeps until about 8:30 or 9 in the morning so David can get a quick nap.
With this new schedule, Gabe has been sleeping in the nursery. It is just a quick ten second walk to his room from ours so I don't feel like he is too far away. It also frees up our bedroom for me to shower & get ready for work. I turn on a simple fan to block out the noise & Gabe's sleep is not disturbed. With him sleeping in the nursery, David & I seem to have a little bit more freedom. I also think Gabe has more stability & a consistent place to sleep.
Staring at me while rocking.
We try to give Gabe time on his stomach to strengthen his neck muscles. This particular time, he just wanted to suck on his hands. He was cracking me up so much I had to take some pictures.
Gabe passed out on the floor while I was washing dishes. One minute he was wide-eyed sucking on a pacifier & then he was out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment