So I knew when we had a little boy that things would be never be the same and that there would be some funny stories along the way. Last night Gabe pooped in the tub for the THIRD time in his short life. The first time he was under six weeks old, so it really was not such a shock. The second time was a month and a half ago shortly after his surgery I believe. Both times it was at the end of his bath so it was a quick pull him out & dry him off. However...this time we were at the beginning, and I could only think "really? seriously Gabe?" I currently give him a bath in his baby bathtub in the tub in the bathroom because his bathroom is not big enough for it to be on the floor. So, it was just the two of us, and we had just washed his face & gotten the rag all soaped to wash the rest of him. He did give me some warning bubbles as he tooted, but I really just hoped that he would stop after that. Nope, out came some poop....I quick tried to fish it out with toilet paper. But he went some more. So, at this point I have to decide to let him finish in the tub or try to take him out before he's finished. Ewwwww!!! We waited & I couldn't help wondering "why is David out of town???" I had to lift my slippery (& now dirty) little boy out of the tub & onto his clean towel waiting on the floor. And there he laid for the next few minutes while I dumped the water down the drain, rinsed out the tub, refilled it & got clean wash cloths & towels. He was happy as can be laying there all wet!!! I couldn't help wondering if he would now choose to pee just complete the experience....but he didn't. I put him back into the tub for his second bath & actually got him all washed this time. He seemed very content, even during the slight lecture he got about pooping in the tub. :) The only thing to do now is to laugh at our experience & hope that it doesn't happen again soon!! Here are some clean pics of Gabe after other baths.
Gabe sure is cute!!
ReplyDelete