Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

Gabe had a great Halloween this year....mostly because he got candy!  :)  He was both a baseball player & Nemo.  Or course both costumes were adorable on him!  The best part of the Nemo costume was the tail....it wagged back & forth as he walked...I had to take a video!  He got to carve a pumpkin with the assistance of Daddy & talked about his pumpkin for days....can't count the number of times he yelled "Oh punkin!!"

We first attended Trunk or Treat at church the night before Halloween.  It was held inside because of the weather, & there were actually quite a lot of people there.  Gabe wasn't thrilled about wearing the hat for his costume, but he quickly forgot with all of the other kids to watch & all of the candy to grab.  There was a bouncy house for the older kids & he spent a good 5 minutes just watching them jump.....literally just stood there.  We got lots of compliments on our cute Nemo & had donuts & juice afterwards.  I'm really glad we got to go!

Since Halloween was on a Wednesday, Gabe got to wear a costume to the sitter's house.  I decided that he could wear his baseball uniform since there was no way he could be Nemo all day.  It was a good thing he wasn't any bigger because the costume just fit....his buttons actually gaped when he sat down.  He had a great time all day & came to visit me at work with Daddy.

I then changed him into his Nemo costume so the women in my office could see him.  We took him down the hall, & he got a few more pieces of candy.  We actually had no other trick or treaters at work so everyone was excited to see him.  Later that night, David & I decided we didn't really want to take Gabe out in the cold & drizzle.  He had no idea what he was missing out on so I figured we could just hand out candy instead.  So, Nemo & I answered the door for about 20 mins until we ran out of candy.  He was so funny....he would wait until he saw someone, call for me & then just stare when I opened the door.  I kept trying to get him to say hi or bye, but he was silent.  Until the door closed....then he was waving & saying "bye-bye".

His favorite candy by far are suckers....but he also loves chocolate.  When he hears a wrapper rustling, he now screams "chocolate" & comes running!

Gabe & his pumpkin...& his sucker.

In his baseball costume.

The clothes he wore under Nemo...I thought his little girl leggings were hilarious....David was not happy.  :)

Carrying his bucket in his pjs & baseball hat.

At Trunk or Treat.

Watching the kids jump in the bouncy house.

With Mommy & Daddy

 With Grandma Diane

Reading books as Nemo

Waiting at the door for Trick or Treaters.




1 comment:

  1. Gabe was cute as Nemo! He is looking more "grown up" all the time!

    ReplyDelete