Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Randomness

I thought I would include some of the things that Gabe currently does or says that I think are so funny:

- He carries around & sleeps with his blanket & a stuffed fox called "Mr. Fox" or "Foxie".  Thanks to Aunt Diane for giving him this!!  It also inspired me to have him watch The Fox & The Hound.  He loved it & wasn't really scared at all!

- He is obsessed with baseball.  Grandma Diane finally broke down & bought him a glove on her last visit, so now we have to randomly get that out for him to play with (inside or out).  This sitter has also spent many afternoons throwing a ball to all of the kids & even bought a soft glove & bat for Gabe to play with.  He still remembers going to his cousin Aubrey's baseball game a couple months ago & will randomly tell me he wants to watch her play.

- He knows his full name & loves to shout it out.  Some days he gets mad if I call him a nickname and sometimes he likes to go by one of his many nicknames.  This morning I asked him if he was Gabriel Dawson, & he said "No...I Tootle-bug!"

- He rides a bicycle around the house (it came from a coworker who wants it back, & I didn't want it destroyed outside).  It doesn't have pedals, & he likes to glide with his legs behind him.  But he is ridiculous in how much he rides around the house.  There was a period of weeks where he would have to ride it to give Daddy a good-bye kiss, & we had to park it each night before bath.  I can't even guess the number of times I've had to move it out of my way!

- David taught Gabe to say "You're Beautiful Mommy!"  So now, he will randomly tell me I'm beautiful.  Typically it is over dinner, but he also told me this morning while I was drying my hair.  Too cute!!

- He thinks that every fly, bug & spider he sees needs to be smashed.  One morning we found a fairly large spider in his bathtub.  He looked at it for a moment & then shouted "SMASH IT!"  We each ran to get shoes, & Gabe showed no hesitation trying to smash it as the spider ran around the tub avoiding the shoe.

- He is getting more & more clumsy.  Not only does he tend to trip on his own feet (shoes or not), but he daily runs into walls or door jams just because he's not paying attention.  I finally bought him closed-toe sandals because he was constantly falling in the other ones.  Usually he doesn't cry & will stand up & announce "I okay..."  Hopefully over the next few years he will get a little more balance & coordination (although his Daddy still has a tendency to walk into walls & door jams)!


No comments:

Post a Comment